Round 3 Round Up

Auckland Wanderers have double cause to celebrate this evening, having not only secure their spot into the second round of the Chatham Cup (3-1 win), but also maintained their place at the summit of the Premiership, albeit only on goal difference from Zamantix Rovers who defeated Independiente 2-1 this afternoon at Billy McKinley Park. Wanderers do however have a game in hand, with their fixture against Boh Celtic 1 being postponed due to both clubs representing ASFA in the cup (Boh’s Celtic play Warkworth, 2pm Tuesday!). Boh’s Celtic 2 secured their first 3 points of the season in style, winning 5-1 away at defending champions the Patriot in the only other Premiership game to take place this weekend. Inter’s involved in the Chatham Cup (a 5-4 loss aet) meant that the Volcanoes lads had a second consecutive Sunday without a league game. 3 points currently separate the top 7 teams!

In the Championship, United FC ended the University of Auckland FC’s perfect start to the season by securing a 4-4 draw against the unbeaten league leaders, much to the delight of both AUT FC and KTB, both of whom have a game in hand up their sleeve due to the latter’s involvement in the Chatham Cup (4-0 win) causing their fixture to be postponed. the other two fixtures saw Sudamerica edge out City Fringe 3-2, whilst Khukuri took the 3 points against Kingsland Athletic with a 2-1 away win.

In League 1, HNK opted against postponing their fixture against Nixon Park despite having a Chatham Cup game in Hamilton on Tuesday afternoon. The Croatian Club warmed up for the cup debut by ensuring they stay top of the league for another week, winning their third ASFA game 3-1.  Zamantix Rovers Return remain the only other unbeaten team in this division, winning 2-1 against Kamarak FC. In the battle of the newbies, Auckland Wanderers 2 narrowly edged Dalian FC 5-4, giving the Ellerslie ASFA boys yet another reason to celebrate Sunday 23rd April, 2017. Meanwhile, in the battle of the two Uni Reserve teams, UoA proved too strong for bottom-placed AUT, winning 4-1.

In League 2, Massey-Albany jumped off the bottom of the table with there first win of the year, a 6-3 win over All Red FC. At the other end of the table, U-Striker were able to capitalise on the postponement of Viti’s game against Double Rum Greenhithe, by taking top spot, following their 2-0 win over Auckland Unicorns. Zamantix Force took the 3 points against Aotea Sport Eastern, 2-1, in the only other game to be played in this division.

Finally, in the ASFA Masters league, Old Fellas recorded the biggest win of the round with a 7-0 demolition of Boys to Men Pukekohe, moving them into second place in the six-team competition. Waiheke Old Fullas suffered their first defeat of the 2017 season, losing 2-1 to the unbeaten ASFA Veterans Zamantix Old Boys. Greenhithe City and Serious FC played out a 2-2 draw in the other fixture.



Leave a Reply

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *